Monday, December 06, 2004

[Advice] The Twelve Days of Christmas -- Start a Holiday Tradition

Mike Noel has a great suggestion for you men out there looking to bless your wives. As he says, "it's not rocket science," but I'll let him share it with you in his own words.

Here's an excerpt:

"As Christmas approaches each year I look forward to continuing a tradition that I started a few years ago. On each of the twelve days leading up to Christmas Day I give my wife a small gift. While this idea was inspired by the song I don't actually give the gifts that the song suggests. She might like the five golden rings each year but I doubt she'd have much use for eight maids a milking, or the swans, or the geese, and so on. Instead, I give her small gifts that are sometimes sentimental, sometimes useful, and sometimes just funny."

Keeping reading...

--
Posted by Jim Bob Howard to Advice at 12/6/2004 08:58:26 AM

2 comments:

Valerie (Kyriosity) said...

Just a note that the 12 days are not the days leading up to Christmas, but the days from Christmas to Epiphany. Not that anybody's wife is likely to turn down the gifts because she's a stickler for liturgical correctness. ;-)

Unknown said...

Right. I didn't figure many women would complain about that. :)